Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Gift


I received the most wonderful gift from my husband on my birthday. He was so upset that it arrived a day late - I could see the sadness in his eyes. When it finally arrived, we opened it together. The excitement on his face to see my reaction was priceless.

When I opened it, I loved it instantly. It's so "me." I realized that he put a lot of thought into this gift, he really thought about getting something for me that I would like and it meant alot to him to do so. It hangs on the wall in our home and makes me smile every time I look at it.

Often, when people give you a gift, they give you a piece of themselves. With this gift, he gave me a piece of myself and that was truly special to me. I looked at him that night, realizing just how much I would have missed had we never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment