I have been fixated on a picture of my children. I can't take my eyes off of it. I so love the age they are at now, and have loved all of the ages and stages, but it hit me right between the eyes at how quickly the years go by. They are "ours" for such a short time. I have modified the lyrics of a Kenny Loggins song, that so perfectly fits my feelings right now. Being a mother is the most amazing gift I have ever been given, and I am so grateful.
Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two - turn around and you're four,
Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two - turn around and you're four,
Turn around and you're a young one going out of my door.
Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Little petticoats and trains, where have you gone?
Turn around and you're tiny, turn around and you're grown ...
Turn around and you're a young one with babes of your own.

No comments:
Post a Comment