Most anyone who knows me knows about my white room. I spent a good part of the week in that room and as always I come out refreshed and refocused. Of course it's not a "real"room, it is a place in my head and its peaceful, its pure, serene and always has a great soundtrack playing in the background. Highlights from this visit's soundtrack include Gravity by Sara Bareilles, If it Kills Me by Jason Mraz and Answer by Sarah McLaughlin. If you have ever seen The Chronicles of Narnia, the entrance to the white room is much like when Lucy Pevins steps out of the wardrobe into Narnia for the first time.
Life is a bevvy of emotions - highs, lows, happiness, worries, sadness, confusion. I know a lot of people who tend to want to embrace nly the good ones, but I think in doing so you miss out on something that life is trying to teach you or perhaps simply avoid dealing with things that are painful or don't know how to identify, fix or address. I like to explore everything that I am feeling, to better understand myself.
It never matters what takes me there, and I never mind going. Each time I go, I feel a little profoundly change when I quietly close the door behind me. The story of my life has never been simple - there always seems to be "stuff" swirling about me and my life could best be described as comfortable chaos. I work full time from home, care for two children and a husband. I cook, I clean, I do laundry - all the things that we all do and life is always at a "just in the nick of time" pace. One might think that this is not ideal - this concept of comfortable chaos, but I would not have it any other way. I find reward in all that I am able to accomplish.
I walked out of the white room feeling great - in control, with new found patience and my energy reserves have been refilled. Life does not always make us "feel" good. It makes us face things that can at times be confusing, unpleasant and not a lot of fun, but if you change your focus in those moments from sadness, irritation or anxiety to reflection and a pinch of philosophy - you might find that the peace you gain will surprise you and enrich your life. It really can be epic.
Life is a bevvy of emotions - highs, lows, happiness, worries, sadness, confusion. I know a lot of people who tend to want to embrace nly the good ones, but I think in doing so you miss out on something that life is trying to teach you or perhaps simply avoid dealing with things that are painful or don't know how to identify, fix or address. I like to explore everything that I am feeling, to better understand myself.
It never matters what takes me there, and I never mind going. Each time I go, I feel a little profoundly change when I quietly close the door behind me. The story of my life has never been simple - there always seems to be "stuff" swirling about me and my life could best be described as comfortable chaos. I work full time from home, care for two children and a husband. I cook, I clean, I do laundry - all the things that we all do and life is always at a "just in the nick of time" pace. One might think that this is not ideal - this concept of comfortable chaos, but I would not have it any other way. I find reward in all that I am able to accomplish.
I walked out of the white room feeling great - in control, with new found patience and my energy reserves have been refilled. Life does not always make us "feel" good. It makes us face things that can at times be confusing, unpleasant and not a lot of fun, but if you change your focus in those moments from sadness, irritation or anxiety to reflection and a pinch of philosophy - you might find that the peace you gain will surprise you and enrich your life. It really can be epic.

No comments:
Post a Comment